Wednesday, October 26, 2011

David Bailey

This gorgeous phoograph of Jean Shrimpton was taken by the english photographer,  David Bailey. I orginally googled photographers of the 1960s, because I find that time period fascinating and revolutionary. I also just happened to stumble on David Bailey by clicking on him randomly and read alittle about him and googled some of his image.

I was impressed with his work because of all of the photographs I sifted through about...80% were black and white, and as I stated in a previous blog..I love black and white photography.

I was also impressed with Bailey because he is a fashion photographer, and that is what I want to aspire to become.

Bailey became a photographic assistant at the John French Studio in 1960 where he paired with 2 other photographers worked on a collection called Swinging London. He was asked to shoot for Vogue Magazine in 1961 that gave him that opportunity.

But I am out of time so research him alittle on your own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment